Fashion | 2021-01-26T21:40:20
Exciting But Comfortable Outfits To Wear At Home This Month
Truth be told, most of us have been lounging in pyjamas while being quarantined at home. It’s easy to feel uninspired at times, or simply too lazy to dress up. But stay at home outfits don’t have to be boring. There are plenty of ways to elevate your everyday ‘work from home’ ensemble that requires minimal effort. From minimal dresses to loungewear & athleisure, there are so many options to choose from.
Home ensembles must strike the perfect balance of style and comfort. Soft texture, comfortable fit and soothing palette are the must-haves for a cosy WFH outfit. Research shows that dressing up every day can have a positive effect on your mood and productivity. So it’s important to invest a little bit of time on your everyday look to boost your morale.
We have rounded up the best outfits to wear at home without sacrificing comfort:
- Silk pyjamas– Elevate your everyday pyjamas to silk ones. Silk feels more luxurious and it’s softer on your skin. It also has the added advantage of being the most hypoallergenic of all fabrics.
- Minimalist dresses– Minimalist dresses are just perfect to drive the blues away. Opt for dresses with texture in neutral shades instead of bold prints and bright colours for a laid back but stylish outfit.
- Jeans– It might be tempting to spend the whole day in comfy joggers but once in a while bring out the jeans from your closets for a fresh work look. Style your relaxed fit jeans with a favourite tee-shirt or blouse.
- Bike shorts– Bike shorts have been in vogue for a while now. Style your shorts with a basic tee or if you are feeling adventurous, team it up with a puffy sleeve top.
- Flared pants– Flared pants, the 70s staple, is back in style. They are comfortable and can be worn with anything- shirts, graphic tees, blouses, crop tops. Swap your leggings for these new trendy bottom wear.
- Athleisure– Athleisure of 2020 is versatile, chic and comfortable, an upgrade of your usual gym gear. This trend is a favourite of celebrities. These are chic enough for a relaxing day at home, jog or grocery run.
- Rompers and Jumpsuits– Rompers and jumpsuits are easy to wear and style. They are the perfect one-piece outfit for a Zoom meeting or all-day Netflix marathon.
- Tie-dye sweatshirts– Tie-dye sweatshirts are very uplifting and can be paired with leggings, joggers, jeans or even bike shorts. They are hippie-chic and a conversation starter.
- Belted cardigan– These stylish sweaters keep you warm and it feels like you are wrapped up in a blanket. They add a layer of warmth to your everyday WFH attire.
- Knitwear– Cosy knitwear in chunky yarn, ribbed texture, or modern Fair Isle patterns are the best way to keep the cold away. You can also try knitwear dresses in different patterns, textures and fabrics. They are warm and comfortable, just perfect to lounge around at home.
- Floral midi dress– Floral midi dresses are just the perfect pick me up for those days when you are feeling a little low. They can be accessorized with a jacket or a statement belt for a more refined look. These wardrobe staples are great for a meeting, virtual BBQ or walk around the block.
- Footwear– When it comes to footwear, comfort is everything. Mules, ballet flats and shearling slippers are great WFH footwear. For days when you want to up your game, opt for a heeled clog.