Style | 2021-03-18T09:11:34
Summer Catalogue – Trends To Beat The Heat
Summer is our favourite season. As the warm weather sweeps through the continent, it’s time to update our wardrobe with 2020’s summer staples. The seasonal change warrants us to lose our loungewear and winter blues and dress up in chic summer dresses.
The 90s style wave is still going strong. The global runways have polished old designs with modern aesthetics, peppering their collection with nature-inspired flair. Elevated basics, Seventies tailoring, Eighties bulky silhouettes, delicate lacework, and eye-popping colour palettes pervaded the runways.
StyleFix have scoured international Fashion Weeks to bring you the top 5 summer trends that will be in vogue this season:
- The 70s flare is back– The 1970s flared jeans are sweeping the fashion scene right now. The classic denim boot cut and flared bell bottom brought up nostalgic disco era vibes on the street of Paris Fashion Week. The new, edgy 70s style epitomises the gender-fluid fashion movement. Polished suits with flared pants were seen on Balmain and Victoria Beckham shows. Others like Y/Project, Charlotte Knowles, and Nensi Dojaka showcased a more laid back look on the runway. This retro trend is perfect for the summer-spring transition. The flared pants can be dressed up with boots and a crisp shirt and jacket or dressed down with sneakers and a t-shirt. Go full 70s chic with a classic monotone pantsuit.
- Pencil skirts– Who said pencil skirts are just office attire? This year’s designers have elevated pencil skirts to high fashion staples with minimalist and embellished iteration of this basic formal office uniform. Versace, Miu Miu, Gucci, and Bottega Veneta had different variations of the neat pencil skirt- leather, satin, soft colour, bright hues, embellished and everything in between. This modern-day wearable uniform is a stylish ensemble that’s flattering for different body shapes and is pitch-perfect for everyone, not just for the average 9-5 worker.
- Visible lingerie– A risque trend for sure… For the fearless souls, this trend embodies femininity and body confidence. The 90s bodycon, corset bodices, sexy bodystocking were the highlights at Mugler, Versace, and Chloé. The mantra here is- the bolder, the better. A little sheer, super light, shimmer, and fine fabrics add a delicate touch. This trend is all about being confident in your skin. You can add a jacket on top of your corset for a chic night out in the town. An upscale bra by Loewe and Givenchy under an unbuttoned white shirt would be a perfect pairing for anyone who wants to try this trend without going overboard.
- White shirt– Let’s just get the word out… White shirts will never go out of fashion. A classic white shirt is a wardrobe staple that everyone should invest in. It’s the perfect utility and luxury silhouette wrapped up in one. Burberry, The Row, Bevza, and Maryam Nassir Zadeh stripped down the white shirt to its most basic form, elevated with refined tailoring. No frills, no embellishments, just plain old white crisp shirts. This staple can be styled in any way you want. Jeans, skirts, tailored suits, and summer trench coat would pair great with the white shirt.
- Delicate lacework– Nothing speaks femininity like delicate lacework. This age-old craft has been transformed into a modern, refined silhouette by designers like Loewe, Alexander McQueen, Isabel Marant, and Valentino. From lace blouses to mini and flowy dresses, it’s one of the leading trends of this season. You can go head to toe lace as seen on Loewe’s ramp walk or add a flouncy, lace top to your attire to embrace this beautiful fabric into your summer wardrobe.