Fashion | 2021-03-18T07:03:17
Trends 2021 – The Must-Have Shoes That Should Be On Everyone’s Wish List
Shoe trends in 2021 are the perfect marriage of style and practicality, with the added twist of edge and whimsy. It’s time to elevate your footwear game with these comfortable, fun, and uber-chic shoes, which will take your everyday outfit from banal to exciting. Designers this year have really prioritised comfort and longevity over everything else, moving away from skyscraper heels and towering stilettos to more practical every wear for the WFH masses. Sneakers, slippers, sporty sandals, and ballet shoes are the top-billed footwear collections for the season. Whether you are attending a party next door, visiting the local tavern, or just going for a stroll in the park there is a perfect shoe to match your outfit.
Let’s take a look at the biggest shoe trends of 2021:
- Fuzzy slippers and mules– Once confined to the boundaries of a home, fuzzy slippers and mules are now a designer must-have. These slippers are designed for both indoor and outdoor use. Brands like Ralph & Russo, Jack Erwin, and Manolo Blahnik are creating luxury slippers and mules in gorgeous cotton candy colours of blues, pinks, and whites. This basic, home essential is comfortable for running errands or a laid-back night out.
- Cowboy boots- The Wild West inspired cowboy boots are a glamorous addition to anyone’s wardrobe. From classic western suede style to sleek buckle and flame stitching boots, these shoes can be worn with a prairie-style dress, jeans, or maxi skirts. These versatile, bespoke shoes are western fantasy come true.
- Loafers– A timeless design in luxurious material is the perfect choice for the seasonal transition. The classic shoes are great for both formal and casual soirees. Chunky loafers are trendy- they are comfortable while adding a bit of elevation. From chainmail loafers to classic penny loafers, they are a great way to add a chic preppy vibe to your ensemble.
- Combat boots– Combat boots are both tough and stylish. They bring an edge to any outfit. You can mix feminine style with a dash of rocker chic with these classic combat boots. They are especially great for the monsoon season when you want to avoid the rain and the splash. Gucci’s crystal-embellished combat boots is an update on the classic 90s shoes.
- Ballet flat– Ballet shoes are on-trend with the flat footwear revolution we are witnessing now. From simple finishes as seen in Simone Rocha’s collection to more intricate, baroque patchwork of Dolce & Gabbana ballet flats, there is an extensive range of styles and materials. These shoes add a feminine touch to an outfit and can be paired with dresses, jeans, shorts, and everything in between.
- Knee-high riding boots– Equestrian inspired knee-high boots are a timeless piece. The classic Chloe boots or the modern Khaite boots can make any outfit standout. These boots are meant to keep you warm when the temperature drops. They are versatile and can be paired with flowy dresses to everyday jeans. From funky animal print to understated monotone boots, these shoes can be a classy addition to your wardrobe.
- Minimalist sandals– We may have ditched the high heels but we still love some elevation in our shoes. Minimalist sandals are a chic, trendy take on kitten heels. They are comfortable and sleek, perfect to show off your new pedicure. These strappy shoes can be worn alone or paired with socks to an ultra-chic ensemble.
- Chunky white sneakers– Chunky white sneakers, an ode to 80s and 90s fashion, is still going strong in 2021. These heavily soled sneakers are high on style while being very comfortable. They can be worn for everyday chores or a date night. Chunky white sneakers are part of the bigger athleisure trend that has boomed since the pandemic.